Hillcrest Villagers Rugby Club
The Hillcrest Villagers Rugby Club is undergoing a renaissance at its new home, the splendid Durban Shongweni Club. With over 40 years of proud rugby tradition in the Upper Highway area the club is the biggest itâ€™s ever been and continues to grow with the Hillcrest area. Fielding 4 open sides, and exciting Under 20 (U/20) and Under 18 (U/18) age groups, Hillcrest are the only side in Kwa-Zulu Natal to boast such depth.
Currently the 1st XV is one of the strongest teams competing in the KZNRU First Division, with an eye on challenging for a place in the 2012 KZNRU Premiership Division being their immediate goal.
The U/20 Squad competes in the U/20 B Division and the U18 Squad forms the basis of the U/20 Squad through a Youth Recruitment Programme. The U18â€™s take part in this program during the third quarter of the year, once their school rugby commitments are complete.
Hillcrest also has a very strong social rugby scene, with these players making a valuable contribution both on and off the field. The majority of the social side comprises over 30’s and, with a few players over 50, so there is no excuse not to “dust-off” your old boots, and come down and enjoy some social rugby.
In addition, Hillcrest Rugby also hosts the Green Bottle Ballies Rugby Football Club. The GBB RFC are an invitational side, which partakes in a number of the Golden Oldies festivals around the country.
HVRC is a Rugby Club dedicated to the revival of community-based “Club Rugby” and the call goes out to the Highway Area rugby players, fans and spectators (of all ages) to come down and join them. And with so many good reasons it is certainly worth a look:
* Hillcrest Villagers Rugby is a club “on your doorstep” – why commute to Durban, or Pietermaritzburg, to practice, play and watch club rugby?
* The club offers excellent age group and open rugby options as well as a fantastic family orientated social scene.
* Highly motivated, dedicated and professional coaches.
* Two full sized fields. With first class lighting on the â€œAâ€ field for night fixtures.
* Access to all the superb amenities of the Durban Shongweni Club, including their fantastic kitchen (newly renovated), pub, childrenâ€™s play area, and a great family atmosphere.
* Competitive club rugby membership fees.
For more information visit www.hillcrestvillagersrugby.com simply pop in on a Tuesday evening, from 6.30pm onwards, to sign up.